Let’s get started! Make sure you click the sign up button, use this link, or use my referral code (GEOFF0005) so that I can help you! You do not have to speak Chinese! The entire process should take about a week and a half to two weeks to complete. Start the application when you know you will have about two weeks in which you can devote some daily time to this adventure.
HOW TO PASS THE BASIC INFO STAGE
Here are the questions you will be asked on the application:
1. Full name
3. Current address & time zone
4. Highest level of education
– You must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher to apply.
5. Phone number
6. Languages you’re fluent in
– English should be your first selection. You don’t need to speak another language, but it’s great if you do.
7. Experience with K-12 curriculum
– While this is preferred, in is not essential. Don’t forget to tick the box for ‘experience as a student’ if you studied in a K12 school (most schools in the USA and Canada).
8. Teaching experience
– You must have at least one year’s experience including homeschooling, tutoring, coaching, mentoring, or other life experiences.
– A teaching credential is preferred, but not required. For those without a teaching credential, candidates can earn the VIPKid-TESOL Certificate of Completion.
VIPKID is ranked #1 by FlexJobs in Forbes‘ 2018' Top 100 Remote Work Companies Report.'
VIPKID is linking the world through education by providing an international learning experience that allows you to teach Chinese children from the comfort of your own home.